CALL FOR GLITCH ART EVENTS 2022
/’fu:bar/ is an annual program focused on electronic experiments and research in contemporary error-themed digital art and theory.
The main week-long program of talks, workshops, performances starts with the first Saturday of October. The partner program extends into the rest of the year, offering artist residencies, educational events, video screenings, group exhibitions and an open archive, shown and shared at multiple partner locations and online.
The festival and exhibition program are accessible ONLINE as well as AFK in venues in Zagreb (HR) and beyond.
Events are open and free admission, as well as archived and networked.
Festival applications EXTENDED deadline: August 29th 2022
Festival selection announcement: September 2022
Festival main program: Oct 1st – 7th 2022 @ MaMa / Zagreb & online
Partner & off program: Jan – Dec 2022 @ various_locations & online
AFK & URL exhibition calls & dates are AVAILABLE HERE.
Submission guidelines for participating in the /’fu:bar/ festival program
/’fu:bar/ 2022 is oriented toward understanding, articulating and supporting various modes of digital+online IDENTITIES. This call for events is open to ONLINE and/or OFFLINE proposals for the festival main program:
- New Media Workshops + optional 2023 FLAG Residency mentorship proposals
- Glitch-themed Lectures
- Electronic Performances
- Hybrid events
- We are primarily interested in applications of work or research based around free/libre software, open hardware and in accordance with the copyleft ethos.
- While submitting your workshop proposal you can choose to be considered as a mentor for the glitch art residency production program (to be conducted in Karlovac and/or online, Aug 2023).
- Artist work selected for the event will be remunerated after the event via a standardized fee (50-200€ depending on the event intensity) and in correlation to the artists’ personal preferences.
- Land travel and short stays will be supported in arrangement with the artists depending on the overall budget and the epidemiological situation.
- Long-distance, air travel or private hotel rooms are sadly not available to be covered by the event (in this case we can provide an invitation letter or an option to conduct your event online).
- Authors of selected applications will be notified via e-mail latest by September 1st 2022.
- The festival selection results will not be e-mailed to all applicants but announced on the /’fu:bar/ website prior to the event.
- For up-to-date information, please subscribe to the organizer’s NEWSLETTER (link coming soon!).
[ APPLY EVENT HERE ]
Festival website: https://fubar.space
Inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fubar festival is a project artistically directed and technically produced by the Format C Artist Organization and administrated by AKC. It’s supported by a number of collaborating authors and participating artists, as well as many program and media partners. The event program is financially supported by the Kultura nova Foundation, the Ministry of Culture and Media of the Republic of Croatia, the City of Zagreb as well as many glitch art supporters over the years. 🤍