Call for OFFLINE Glitch Art events 2023
/’fu:bar/ is an annual program focused on electronic experiments and research in contemporary error-themed digital art theory and practice.
/’fu:bar/ 2023 is focused on the practices and value of DIY – Do it yourself, but for others with&//in art SOFTWARE | METHODS | ARCHIVES | COMMUNITIES | THEORY and other relevant facets of our shared contemporary electronic culture. This call for events is open to OFFLINE proposals for the festival main program:
- New Media Workshops
- Glitch-themed Lectures
- Electronic Performances
- Hybrid events
Festival applications (extended) deadline: August 10th 2023
Festival selection announcement: August 2023
Event program: Oct 7th – 13th 2023 @ MaMa / Zagreb & online
Partner & off program: Jan – Dec 2023 @ various_locations & online
All event calls and upcoming announcements are AVAILABLE IN THE SCHEDULE.
- We are primarily interested in applications of work or research based on and around free/libre or at least open software, accessible hardware and in accordance with the copyleft ethos.
- Although we don’t ask for a fully new or custom event, please try to somehow reflect our yearly topic of DIY.
- This call is only open to Zagreb-based events; ONLINE events are to be applied to the /’f(a)u:(x)bar/ open call for ONLINE Glitch Art events
- Land travel and physical attendance will be financed and organized in arrangement with the artists.
- Artist work selected for the event will be remunerated after the event via a standardized fee (50-200€ depending on the event and other production expenses) and in correlation to the artists’ personal preferences.
- Long-distance, air travel or private hotel rooms are sadly not available to be fully covered by the event (in this case we can partly co-finance your visit, provide an invitation letter or an alternative of conducting your event online).
- Authors of selected applications will be notified via e-mail latest by August 15th 2023.
- For up-to-date information, please subscribe to the organizer’s NEWSLETTER.
Fubar is a project by the Format C Artist Organization. It’s supported by a number of collaborating authors and participating artists, as well as many program and media partners. The event program is financially supported by the Kultura nova Foundation, the Ministry of Culture and Media of the Republic of Croatia, the City of Zagreb as well as many glitch art supporters over the years. 🤍