CALL FOR GLITCH ART, VIDEOS AND TEXTS 2022
/’fu:bar/ is an annual program focused on electronic experiments and research in contemporary error-themed digital art and theory.
The main week-long program of talks, workshops and performances starts with the first Saturday of October. Partner & off programs extend into the rest of the year, offering artist residencies, educational events, video screenings, group exhibitions and an open archive, shown and shared at multiple partner locations and online.
The festival and exhibition program are accessible ONLINE as well as AFK in venues in Zagreb (HR) and beyond.
Events are open and free admission, as well as archived and networked.
- Exhibition applications EXTENDED deadline: August 30th 2022
Exhibition selection announcement: September 2022
- AFK exhibition: Oct 20th – Nov 13th 2022 @ IFC Médiathèque / Zagreb
- URL exhibition: Oct 21st – Dec 31st 2022 @ online
// Festival events program calls & dates are AVAILABLE HERE.
/’fu:bar/ 2022 is oriented toward understanding, articulating and supporting various modes of digital+online IDENTITIES.
This call for art and theory is open to all and any #glitch_art file hackers, code breakers and pixel explorers with on-topic or general error-themed artwork.
The work can be submitted into 2 categories:
- Media Art + an optional Glitch Art Documentary participation submission
- Media Theory
Submission guidelines for participating in the /’fu:bar/ exhibition and production:
- To be reviewed, the work needs to be submitted in its final format (size, quality, etc.) and not as a preview.
- As we cannot remunerate you for your (art)work, we support you applying previously created, recycled, reinterpreted and repurposed art.
- Ideally the work submitted should be of a newer date but regardless we might accept relevant work of any age.
- Up to three (pieces or series) submissions are allowed (each submitted in its own application form). Links to general personal websites and work previously already shown at /’fu:bar/ will not be considered.
- While applying your work, you can optionally select to submit it to be featured in our non-profit multimedia glitch art documentary production.
- Video submissions might get selected to be screened during the main festival program week.
- The links provided need to be accessible up until and during the time of the event – at least until mid Nov 2022 (please don’t use services with expiring links).
- If you’d like your work to get printed as a poster please prepare your work as any format size/ratio between A2-A3 @ 300 DPI; smaller pieces in any DPI might get digitally displayed but not printed.
- Video pieces need to be baked (recompressed and playable in video players).
- If you wish, please include a web-optimized version of your work – otherwise we might optimize it.
- The exhibition selection results will not be e-mailed but announced on the /’fu:bar/ website prior to the event.
- Authors of the selected documentary applications will be notified via e-mail.
- For up-to-date information, please subscribe to the organizer’s NEWSLETTER (link coming soon!).
Festival website: https://fubar.space
Inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
/’fu:bar/ exhibition is a project by the Format C Artist Organization. It’s supported by a number of collaborating authors and participating artists, as well as many program and media partners. The 2022 exhibition program is financially supported by the Kultura nova Foundation, the Ministry of Culture and Media of the Republic of Croatia, the City of Zagreb as well as many glitch art supporters. 🤍