/’fu:bar/ is a yearly festival gathering focused on electronic error-themed reinterpretative multimedia art. The week-long festival starts on the first Saturday of October and hosts an artist residency program, showcases diverse talks, workshops, performances and an inclusive group exhibition, set up at AKC, Pierottijeva 11, Zagreb (Croatia) and online.
/’fu:bar/ is an open and free glitch art event, aimed at local communities in a physical space, and accessible to transnational communities in networked space, while including diverse local, regional and international authors and their collaborations.
In 2020, due to the global crisis and the earthquake that hit Zagreb in March damaging our accommodation capacity, we have decided to set up a parallel exhibition program both in the physical and a virtual gallery space. Festival events will be open and free to the general public, as well as archived and networked.
/’fu:bar/ 2020 is thematically broadly set around the ideas and actions of CHANGE in our various international contexts, communities and troubles. Do you have a relevant piece you’d like to share? Let us know!
We are looking to materialize your digital randomness into posters, screen your videos, distribute your texts, click your net art and run your sound installations through air. Any digital media and any glitch technique will be considered, as long as they are presentable in the form of a text, a digital image, a new media intervention, sound or a sculptural installation, web-based art, or a video.
The call is open to all and any #glitch_art file hackers, code breakers, web creepers or media explorers, either with an on-topic submission or general glitch-based art-centered work.
Deadline: Aug 31st Extended until Sept 7th 2020
Selection announcement: mid September 2020
Submission guidelines for participating in the /’fu:bar/ group exhibition:
- Up to three (pieces or series) submissions are allowed (each submitted in its own application form). Links to general personal archives/webs will not be considered as an application.
- The links provided need to be accessible up until and during the time of the event – at least until mid October 2020 (please don’t use services with expiring links).
- Please follow the instructions and prep your pieces accordingly if you’d like your work to get printed as a poster (any format size or ratio between A2-A4 @ 300 DPI).
- Really small pieces in any DPI might get displayed / screened but not printed.
- Video pieces need to be baked (recompressed and playable in video players).
- If you wish, please include a web-optimized version of your work – otherwise we might optimize it.
- To be reviewed, the work needs to be in its final format (size, quality, etc.) and not a preview.
- As we cannot remunerate you for your (art)work, we support you applying previously created, recycled, reinterpreted and repurposed art.
- The selection results will not be e-mailed but announced on the /’fu:bar/ website prior to the exhibition.
Inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The event is organized by the AKC Attack association in collaboration with the Format C Artist Organization. It’s supported by a number of volunteers, collaborators and participating artists, as well as media partners, the SKART Gallery, the Glitch Artists Collective fam, and the free weekly newsletter Glitchet. The festival program is financially supported by the “Kultura Nova” Foundation, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia, the City of Zagreb and various glitch art supporters.