/’fu:bar/ is a yearly festival gathering focused on electronic error-themed reinterpretative multimedia art. The week-long festival starts on the first Saturday of October and hosts an artist residency program, showcases diverse talks, workshops, performances and an inclusive group exhibition, set up at multiple locations in Zagreb (Croatia) and online.
The festival program will be accessible online, and the art pieces will be shown in online+offline installs./’fu:bar/ 2021 is broadly oriented toward documenting, contextualising and extending various practices of digital art practices SUSTAINABILITY.
The call is open to all and any #glitch_art file hackers, code breakers, web creepers or media explorers, either with an on-topic submission or general glitch-based art-centered work.
We are looking to materialize your digital randomness into posters, screen your videos, distribute your texts, click your net art and run your sound installations through air. Any digital media and any glitch technique will be considered, as long as they are presentable in the form of a text, a digital image, a new media intervention, sound or a sculptural installation, web-based art, or a video.
Deadline: Sept 1st 2021
Selection announcement: September 2021
Festival dates: October 2nd-8th 2021
Submission guidelines for participating in the /’fu:bar/ group exhibition:
- Up to three (pieces or series) submissions are allowed (each submitted in its own application form). Links to general personal archives/webs will not be considered as an application.
- The links provided need to be accessible up until and during the time of the event – at least until mid October 2021 (please don’t use services with expiring links).
- Please follow the instructions and prep your pieces accordingly if you’d like your work to get printed as a poster (any format size or ratio between A2-A4 @ 300 DPI).
- Really small pieces in any DPI might get displayed / screened but not printed.
- Video pieces need to be baked (recompressed and playable in video players).
- If you wish, please include a web-optimized version of your work – otherwise we might optimize it.
- To be reviewed, the work needs to be in its final format (size, quality, etc.) and not a preview.
- As we cannot remunerate you for your (art)work, we support you applying previously created, recycled, reinterpreted and repurposed art.
- The selection results will not be e-mailed but announced on the /’fu:bar/ website prior to the exhibition.
Festival events will be open and free to the general public, as well as archived and networked.
The event is organized by the AKC Attack association in collaboration with the Format C Artist Organization. It’s supported by a number of volunteers, collaborators and participating artists, as well as program and media partners. The festival program is financially supported by the “Kultura Nova” Foundation, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia, the City of Zagreb, the City of Rijeka and various glitch art supporters.